I like how the liquid from the tomatoes, zucchini and the small amount of browned butter make a nice sauce. Tim said it was a nice change and he would eat it again. That's a compliment considering this dish didn't have any meat.
Zucchini with Tomatoes and Brown Butter
Recipe Adapted from Taste
• 1 lb. bowtie pasta
• 2 tbsp. butter
• 2 medium shallots, chopped
• 1 lb. zucchini (about 3 small), very thinly sliced lengthwise
• 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
• 1/2 tsp. salt
• 1/4 tsp. nutmeg (freshly grated, preferred)
• Freshly ground pepper to taste
• 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
• 1/2 c. chopped fresh parsley
Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Cook pasta according to directions. Drain.
Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook until butter is beginning to brown, about 2 minutes. Add shallots and zucchini and cook, stirring often, until softened, 2 to 3 minutes.
Add tomatoes, salt, nutmeg and pepper and continue cooking, stirring often, until tomatoes are just starting to break down, 1 to 2 minutes.
Stir in Parmesan and parsley. Add pasta and toss to coat. Serve immediately.