Have you seen all of the different Rice Krispie treats recipes? Rice Krispie treats are easy to make, so I settled on this recipe. With the addition of a crust, these are a little different than traditional Rice Krispie treats. I substituted semi sweet chocolate chips for white chocolate chips. Tim said the crew at work gave them rave reviews. They were a little too sweet for my tastes and I love sweet desserts.
Biscoff Krispie Mallow Bars
Recipe courtesy of Julie's Eats and Treats
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 1 egg
- 3/4 c. melted butter (divided)
- 3 c. miniature marshmallows
- 1 c. white chocolate chips (I used semi sweet chips)
- 1 c. Biscoff
- 1/2 c. corn syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 c. Rice Krispies
- Mix the cake mix, egg and 1/4 c. butter. Press into a greased 9x13 pan. Bake for 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Put the marshmallows on top of the hot crust. Return to oven for 3 minutes or until puffed up.
- Melt the white chocolate chips, Biscoff, corn syrup and 1/2 c. butter. Add vanilla and mix. Pour over Rice Krispies in a large mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Pour over marshmallows. Refrigerate, but make sure to cut before they get to hard!