Cookies & Cream Chess Bars
- 1 fudge or chocolate cake mix
- 4 eggs, divided
- 1 stick (4 ounces) butter, melted
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 3/4 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 8 to 12 chocolate sandwich cookies, coarsely crumbled
Preparation:Mix cake mix with 1 egg and butter; press into greased and floured 13- x 9-inch pan. In a mixing bowl with an electric hand-held mixer, beat confectioners' sugar with cream cheese, vanilla and 3 eggs until smooth. Pour about 2/3 of the topping mixture onto the cake mixture; sprinkle with crumbled cookies (or chocolate chips) then pour remaining mixture evenly over crumbs. Bake in a preheated 325° oven for about 50 to 60 minutes, or until topping is lightly browned.
Cool thoroughly and cut into bars. Keep refrigerated.
I am linking this to On The Menu Monday, Miz Helen's Full Plate Thursday and Foodie Friday.