I have always enjoyed the combination of sweet and salty. After eating something sweet, I often want something salty. Unfortunately, that can become a vicious circle that leads to eating too many sweets.
I had no idea you could buy caramel bits!!! They were about the same price as a bag of caramels and so much easier than unwrapping all of those caramels. These bars remind me of Magic Bars and like Magic Bars, they are so good.
Caramel Pretzel Magic Bars
Recipe by: Amber (Dessert Now, Dinner Later!)
- 1 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 6 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1-14oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 50+ pretzels
- 20 caramels, unwrapped & cut in fourths (*They now sell caramel bits at the store near the chocolate chips! So much easier than unwrapping & cutting up caramel squares. I would try 1 cup of caramel bits if you aren't using the squares.)
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- Mix graham cracker crumbs with melted butter. Press in a sprayed 13x9in pan.
- Pour about half the can of condensed milk over crust.
- Layer your pretzels as close together as you like over the condensed milk/crust.
- Sprinkle caramels, chocolate chips, & coconut flakes.
- Pour remaining half of condensed milk on top.
- OPTIONAL: Break up some extra pretzels to put on top, with a few extra chocolate chips so you can see all the colors above the condensed milk.
- Bake at 350*F for 20-30 min until lightly brown. Let cool completely before cutting & serving.