I soon realized green beans that aren't cooked for hours, are better than good, they're great! With the hot summer weather we've been having, anytime I can find a recipe suitable for the grill, it's a bonus! Since I didn't have any on hand, I omitted the fresh mushrooms. The red pepper flakes add a touch of heat and a nice kick to the green beans. This recipe is quick and easy, perfect for fresh green beans on a hot summer night!.
Asian Grilled Green Beans
Recipe courtesy of Taste of Home
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 6 medium fresh mushrooms, quartered
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add the beans, onion and mushrooms; toss to coat.
- Place half of the vegetables on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square); fold foil around vegetables and seal tightly. Repeat with remaining vegetables.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 18-22 minutes or until beans are tender, turning packets over once. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 8 servings.