The trend here at Little Bit of Everything has been to bake using cake mixes and today's post is no exception. For June's Secret Recipe Club, I wanted to find a "summer" recipe. I love all things pink and these cupcakes caught my eye. What a fun recipe for a picnic or little girl's birthday party. These cupcakes were fun and easy to put together and oh so delicious!
Pink Lemonade Funfetti Cupcakes
Recipe adapted slightly from Cookaholic Wife
Yield: 20 cupcakes
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 single-serve packets of Crystal Light Pink Lemonade drink mix (I used raspberry Crystal Light)
- 18.9 oz. box funfetti cake mix
- 1 stick of melted butter (Nichole's recipe used applesauce, much healthier!)
- zest from 1/2 a lemon
- 1 drop pink food coloring (I didn't need this)
1. Stir together the water and the pink lemonade mix.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 and line cupcake tins with paper liners.
3. In the bowl of your stand mixer, combine the cake mix, applesauce, lemon zest, vegetable oil, food coloring and pink-lemonade mixture. Mix until all of the ingredients are combined.
4. Scoop the batter into the cupcake pans. Top with additional sprinkles and bake for 22 minutes.
5. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool.
I topped these with cream cheese frosting and additional sprinkles.
title="click to view in an external page.">An InLinkz