After browsing Micha's blog, I settled on this Pineapple Upside Down Cake Freezer Jam. If you haven't made freezer jam, give it a try! It's easy to make and who doesn't love homemade jam on their toast??!!! I found this recipe intriguing, I love the idea of pineapple upside down cake in a jam.
This jam is a beautiful color and is a tasty addition to any morning breakfast. I'm also thinking I will give this a try as a glaze for grilled chicken.
Pineapple Upside Down Cake Freezer Jam
Recipe Courtesy of Cookin' Mimi
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 5 Tablespoons Instant pectin
- 2 20 ounce cans crushed pineapple in pineapple juice- drained
- 1/4 cup diced maraschino cherries
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 1/2 pint freezer jars or containers
- In a large bowl stir together the sugars and the pectin. Mix until well blended.
- Add the pineapple, cherries, and vanilla. Mix for three minutes.
- Ladle into clean freezer jars, leaving about 1/2 inch head space. Add lid.
- Let sit until thickened, about 30 minutes.
- Label and refrigerate or freeze.
- Refrigerate for 3 weeks or freeze for up to one year.