Sunday, January 11, 2015

Drunken Pumpkin Bread

I make pumpkin bread every year for Thanksgiving or Christmas.  It reminds me of my mom, making it was one of her holiday traditions.  Normally I make her recipe but this year, I opted for something a little different.  With dried cranberries that needed to be used up, this was the perfect recipe to try!  I was a little tentative, spiced rum?  I'm so glad I gave this recipe a try, this bread is delicious.  There's a nice hint of spice and a deep pumpkin flavor. I used my mini loaf pan,  perfect for Christmas giving!




Drunken Pumpkin Bread

Author:
  • 2 cups pumpkin puree
  • 1 cup vegetable oil
  • ⅓ cup spiced rum
  • 4 eggs
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 2 tsp baking soda
  • 1½ tsp salt
  • 2 tsp cinnamon
  • ½ tsp nutmeg
  • ¼ tsp cloves
  • ¼ tsp ginger
  • 3½ cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup dried cranberries
Instructions
  1. Mix together wet ingredients in mixer bowl.
  2. Add sugars, baking soda, salt, and spices and mix thoroughly.
  3. Mix in flour 1 cup at a time until thoroughly blended.
  4. Stir in raisins.
  5. Divide batter equally into 2 greased 9-inch loaf pans.
  6. Bake at 350F for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
  7. Cool before slicing.
Notes
Makes 2 loaves.


3 comments:

  1. I think this sounds delicious and perfect for gift giving! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet the rum added nice flavor too:@)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made a Bundt cake based on this recipe for the SRC this month! Thanks for convincing me that spiced rum is the perfect accent to pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog!