What does the second Monday of the month mean in the blogging world? It's the day the members of Secret Recipe Club's group B reveal their assigned blogger. This month, I was introduced to Jen of Jen's Journey. Jen's been blogging since 2007, WOW! She's a mom of two teenagers and is married to her high school sweetheart. Be sure to take a minute and check out the variety of recipes on her blog.
I don't post breakfast recipes very often. Jen's recipe for Strawberry Oatmeal Pancakes caught my eye and made for a delicious Sunday morning breakfast. I decided to use instant banana bread oatmeal. This gave the already yummy pancakes a hint of banana. Who doesn't love strawberries and bananas.
Strawberry Oatmeal Pancakes
Recipe Courtesy of Jen's Journey
- 1⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup old-fashioned oats (I used instant banana bread oatmeal)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups nonfat buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- ¼ cup honey, divided (I used agave)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup of strawberries sliced in half
- Whisk together all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk together buttermilk, melted butter, 2 tablespoons honey and egg in a medium bowl.
- Add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until moistened.
- Heat a nonstick griddle or large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Pour about ¼ cup batter for each pancake onto hot skillet; sprinkle with 4 to 6 strawberry halves.
- Cook 3 minutes or until tops are covered with bubbles; turn and cook other side. Repeat with remaining batter and berries.
- Top with any remaining berries, and drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons honey.