For those of you who don't know how SRC works, each month you're assigned a blog, you choose a recipe, keep it a secret until reveal day and then blog about it. I was assigned Satisfy My Sweet Tooth. I've been trying to choose savory recipes for SRC but with a blog assignment containing sweet in the title, it's hard to go for savory. Satisfy My Sweet Tooth features so many delicious recipes, it was difficult to choose just one to make. How many times have you heard someone say, "These are the best cookies?". With a title like that I couldn't resist.
Half of the recipe went to work with me for a coworkers birthday and the other half with Tim for his office. When I asked Tim what was his coworkers thought of them, he said everyone said these were "The Best Cookies". Guess we now know where the title came from.
Next time I make these, I want try a few more chocolate chips and a little less salt. These just seemed a little salty to me! Also, mine took more like 12 minutes to bake.
Recipe type: Cookies, Dessert
Crispy on the outside, soft and chewy on the inside and stuffed full of delicious mix-ins
- 1 cup (16 Tbsp) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 3¼ cups flour
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup cornflakes (or rice cereal) - I used rice cereal
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped chocolate or chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, oil and sugars.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix to combine.
- Add flour, salt and baking soda and mix well.
- Add oatmeal, cornflakes, coconut and chocolate chips and mix well.
- Scoop ¼ cup-sized dough balls out onto cookie sheets using a large spoon or an ice cream scoop.
- Bake 10 minutes. Cool slightly on baking sheets before removing