When Tim and I began looking for a house in the neighborhood we moved into last October, one of the things I really liked about it was the real community it is. We have a very active homeowners association and lots of neighborhood activities. I was thrilled to find there is a monthly BUNCO group. I played BUNCO years ago with a great group of girlfriends in Kansas City, if you haven't played it's what we always called an excuse game. An excuse for a bunch of women to get together and talk!
I joined our BUNCO group the first month after we moved in. I was welcomed with open arms, everyone is so friendly. This just reconfirmed what I already knew, Tim and I made a great decision moving to Riverside Lakes. December BUNCO was a pot luck and a yankee gift exchange. I was lucky enough to draw number one! I got to choose from all of the gifts, or at least the ones that hadn't already been stolen twice. I chose a high heel cake server!
It so happens Gayla who brought the cake server for the gift exchange also made a delicious appetizer, Drunken Little Smokies! I made these for Tim and I for New Year's Eve. They're a fun change from the typical BBQ Smokies.
DRUNK BACON & BROWN SUGAR LIL SMOKIES
one pack Lil' Smokies
one can cola
one cup brown sugar
one pack of bacon
1. Cut bacon into 2-1/2 to 3 inch strips.
2. Wrap Lil smokies in bacon; Place toothpick through center.
3. Place cup of brown sugar, Cola and rum in a saucepan over medium-low heat (until sugar has dissolved). Reduce to low heat and continue to cook until sauce thickens.
4. Preheat oven to 400°F.
5. Place Lil' Smokies on a baking sheet, brush with Sugar-Cola mixture and bake in oven until bacon is crisp.
6. Remove from oven and dip in Sugar-Cola sauce. Place in slow cooker to keep warm. ENJOY.
I am linking this to Tasty Tuesday.