What I wouldn't give to live somewhere we could enjoy this type of produce year round but since that's not in the cards in Nebraska, we'll make the most of what we have! Cherry tomatoes are the best and the variety we have this year is so sweet. You can just pop them in your mouth and eat them. We enjoy lots of Caprese Salads. I love this take on Caprese Salad. It's filling, easy and delicious!
White Bean Caprese Salad
Recipe Courtesy of Skinny Taste
- 1 (15-oz) can Great Northern (or White Kidney) beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups quartered cherry tomatoes
- 2 1/2 oz fresh mozzarella, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 10 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp balsamic glaze
Combine beans, tomatoes, basil, mozzarella, garlic, salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil and finish with balsamic glaze.