Layers of ice cream bars, hot fudge, caramel, whipped topping, and chocolate chips make this tasty treat look much more difficult than it really is. My dinner guests were so impressed, they thought I worked for hours to create this. I was quick to reveal just how easy this dessert is to make but that's not the best part! This ice cream cake is sooooo good!
Hot Fudge Caramel Ice Cream Cake
- 18 ice cream sandwiches (you may need more if they’re the square kind)
- 2 cups hot fudge topping
- 3/4 cup caramel topping
- 1 container (8 ounce) Cool Whip
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Microwave the fudge and caramel topping for about 25 seconds to loosen it and make it spreadable, if necessary.
- Line the bottom of a 3-quart rectangular baking dish with a layer of the ice cream bars (9 of them; trim if necessary.) Spread half of the hot fudge, followed by the caramel, and then Cool Whip over the sandwiches. Sprinkle on half of the chocolate chips. Repeat layers.
- Freeze until firm, about 1 hour. Cut into squares and serve.
You can make this up to 3 days ahead of time and frozen, tightly covered. Let thaw for about 5-10 minutes before slicing.