The original recipe was designed for a trifle dish, I used individual glasses instead. This is a light yet, delicious summer dessert recipe!!
- 1 loaf (16 Oz. Size) Frozen Prepared Pound Cake (I used angel food)
- 1 whole Lemon, Zested And Juiced
- 8 ounces, weight Sour Cream (I used greek yogurt)
- 1-½ cup Milk
- 8 ounces, weight Cool Whip, Thawed And Divided
- 2 packages (3.4 Oz. Size) Lemon Instant Pudding
- 2 pints Fresh Blueberries
- ½ cups White Chocolate Chips, Divided
PreparationCut pound cake into 1-inch cubes. Place in a large bowl. Zest lemon and set aside zest. Juice lemon over the pound cake, stirring and watching for seeds.
In a medium bowl, combine sour cream, milk, half of the whipped topping and reserved lemon zest. Whisk until smooth, then add pudding mixes. Blend until mixture begins to thicken.
Wash and dry blueberries, setting aside 20 or so for garnish.
To assemble, in your trifle bowl layer 1/3 of the cake, 1/3 of the blueberries. Grate white chocolate chips generously over the blueberry layer. Top with 1/3 of the pudding mixture. Spread evenly and repeat layers 2 more times. Reserve 1/4 cup white chocolate chips for garnish.
Pipe remaining Cool Whip onto the top of the trifle and decorate with reserved blueberries. Grate a bit more white chocolate on top, then sprinkle with remaining white chocolate chips, left whole.
Refrigerate 30 minutes or more before serving. This trifle can be made the day before.