Roasted Radishes and Onions
- 3-4 bunches of radishes- trimmed, topped and tailed (about 20 radishes depending on the size, allow 2-3 per person)
- 4-6 onions (I used large green onions) peeled, cut onion into 4 or 6 wedges (like a wedge of lemon)
- 1/4 cup olive oil (approx.) to sprinkle over
- salt to sprinkle (Kosher, Madon)
- Drizzle of balsamic vinegar glaze
MethodToss the radishes and onion wedges in olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Roast in a hot oven (400) for approximately 35-40 minutes, stirring a couple of times until the onions are crispy and the radishes fairly tender when tested with a sharp knife tip.
Sprinkle over the balsamic vinegar. Serve as a side dish or as a vegetable dish along side roast meat.