The chocolate chips, cinnamon and bananas in this recipe make for a delicious combination of flavors. The next time you have leftover bananas, I encourage you to give this one a try.
Cinnamon Swirl Banana Chocolate Bread
Recipe courtesy of Wives With Knives
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- dash of salt
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips, optional
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour a 9" X 5" loaf pan. I buttered my pan and lined it with parchment paper. The paper sticks to the butter. This is a very tender bread and the paper helps getting it out of the pan.
- Mix bananas, butter, sugar, egg and vanilla together. Sprinkle baking soda and salt on top of the banana mixture, then gently stir in the flour. Add chocolate chips and mix until just blended. Be careful not to over mix.
- In a small dish mix together the 1/3 cup sugar and 1 tablespoon cinnamon.
- Add 1/2 of the batter to the loaf pan and then sprinkle half, or a little more than half of the sugar-cinnamon mixture all over the batter in the pan. Add the rest of the batter, and then sprinkle the leftover cinnamon-sugar mixture over the top. If desired, place banana slices along the edge of the loaf pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean. If you are using a different loaf pan size be careful to watch it carefully so it isn't over baked.