Since we're rarely home for Christmas, we don't have a traditional Christmas Eve meal. I wanted to have something special that didn't require hours in the kitchen. We both love shrimp but almost always grill it. Grilling and Omaha winters don't mix. I did a quick search and found this recipe. I read it several times and read the reviews. Although it almost seemed too simple and easy, I was sold. Well simple or easy would not be the first word I would use to describe this recipe, delicious would be!
We will be having these again and this recipe could easily be served at a dinner party. Be sure to have some crusty bread to soak up the delicious sauce!!
Lemon Butter Baked Shrimp
- 1 lb. raw shrimp, cleaned, peeled and deveined
- 8 Tbs. butter (1 stick), melted
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (my addition)
- 1 packet of Good Seasons Italian all natural seasoning
- 1 1/2 lemon, sliced into circles
- 1 Tbs. dried parsley leaves
- 1 tsp. black pepper, ground
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix the melted butter with minced garlic, and pour into a 9×111 inch glass casserole dish, spreading it all over the bottom of the dish.
- Arrange the lemon slices on top of butter, forming a single layer.
- Arrange the cleaned and deveined shrimp on top of the lemon slices.
- Sprinkle the Italian Seasoning over the shrimp.
- Sprinkle the parsley flakes and pepper on top of that.
- Bake uncovered in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.