When I was little and my mom would bake a cake, I would beg to lick the bowl and the beaters. My mom, who never wasted anything, would scrape all but what seemed like a drop of batter and then let me have the rest. To this day, I love cake batter. I could eat it by the spoonful. Raw eggs or not, I still can't help but lick the spatula, after scraping the rest into the bowl, of course. Mom would be proud. Recipes using cake batter are everywhere, cookies, ice cream and snack mixes like this one. I made these for food day at work. At the end of the day, I had an empty bowl and several requests for the recipe. Be careful, it's addictive!!!
Cake Batter Muddy Buddies
Recipe Courtesy of The Girl Who Ate Everything
Makes 5 cups
5 cups Rice Chex cereal
10 ounces (5 squares) vanilla flavored Almond Bark
3/4 cup yellow cake mix
1/4 cup powdered sugar
vegetable shortening, optional
1. Pour 5 cups of Chex Cereal into a large bowl.
2. Melt Almond Bark according to the package directions, adding vegetable shortening to thin if desired. (I used the shortening to thin.)
3. Pour Almond Bark over cereal, stirring and folding until the cereal
is completely covered. Generously shake sprinkles over mixture and fold
them in as well. so they stick to the Almond Bark.
4. In a large bag or covered container such as Tupperware, put cake mix and powdered sugar and shake to mix evenly.
5. Pour the Almond Bark covered
cereal into the large bag or container containing cake mix and powdered
sugar. Seal the bag or container and shake until all the cereal is
coated with the powdered mixture.
6. Discard excess powdered sugar.
I am linking this to On The Menu Monday, Tasty Tuesday, Miz Helen's Full Plate Thursday, Foodie Friday and Sweet Tooth Friday.