My assigned blogger is Cathleen of A Taste of Madness. As always I had fun browsing Cathleen's blog and had trouble choosing just one recipe. I ended up choosing these amazing Peanut Butter Truffles. They're delicious and easy to put together. If you're looking for a food gift or something fun to take to a party, give these a try.
Peanut Butter Pretzel Truffles
What you'll need:
- 1 1/2 cups pretzel pieces
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons icing sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Put the pretzels into a large resealable plastic bag and crush into small bits using a rolling pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the peanut butter, butter and brown sugar until fully combined. Add in the pretzel pieces and icing sugar, and mix until fully combined.
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper. Scoop around 2 tablespoons worth of peanut butter mixture, and gently shape into a ball with your fingers. Place the ball on the prepared cookie sheet, and repeat with the remaining peanut butter mixture. Place in the freezer for around 30 minutes.
- Boil 5 cups of water and pour into a medium bowl.
- Place the chocolate chips and shortening into a smaller bowl, and place it into the bowl full of water. Mix the chocolate chips and shortening until the mixture is smooth, making sure not to let the water mix in with the chocolate mixture.
- Take the frozen balls out of the freezer and dip them in the chocolate mixture. Place the dipped peanut butter balls back on the waxed paper. Quickly sprinkle the peanut butter balls while the chocolate is still wet with some extra broken up pretzels.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt some peanut butter. Drizzle on top of truffles, and freeze until hard.
http://new.inlinkz.com/view.php?id=570564" title="click to view in an external page.">An InLinkz Link-up