For this special Cookie Carnival, I was assigned Mom's Test Kitchen. The blogger behind this great blog is Jaime. A little bit about Jaime, she says, I’m a child of God (who requires ALOT of forgiveness),wife to an automotive genius, momma to a Princess that changed my life
daughter to some pretty alright parents." You can read more about her story here! You'll find lots of great recipes on her blog as well, drop by and check it out, you won't be sorry!!!
I did a quick search and immediately found my choice for the Cookie Carnival, Holiday Vanilla Pudding Cake Cookies. What I loved most about these cookies is how easy they are. My dream is to write a cookbook of nothing but easy recipes, you know when you need that quick dessert for company that's dropping by at the last minute or that quick dinner when you just don't feel like cooking? Maybe someday! These cookies are perfect for last minute treats for the office or how about cookies for Santa? This recipe would be great to make with the kiddos!
Holiday Vanilla Pudding Cake Cookies
Recipe Courtesy of Mom's Test KitchenIngredients
1 box (16.25 ounces) white cake mix
1 box (3.5 ounces) vanilla instant pudding & pie mix
2 tablespoons butter, softened
2 tablespoons milk
red & green decorating sugars
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, dry vanilla pudding, eggs, butter and milk – it will be VERY thick
- In a small bowl, combine equal amounts of the red & green sugars. You can also do two separate bowls of each color & make all red or all green cookies. Or do a little of each & go for a tye-die look :)
- Scoop the dough into tablespoon sized balls. Roll the dough in the decorating sugars, being sure to fully coat the dough. Place the coated dough on the baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the cookies are set.
- Cool for just a minute or two on the baking sheet and then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.