My assigned blogger for the August themed reveal is Our Eating Habits. Jamie, the blogger behind Our Eating Habits says her two favorite things are Christmas and Disney! For sure, who doesn't love Christmas and Disney. She home schools her children, has a mug collection and lots of great recipes on her blog.
For the first day of school, I always tried to make Justin a special breakfast. Although today, he's not a sweet breakfast eater, I think when he was in grade school Jamie's recipe for Banana Blueberry Pancakes would have been a hit!! Pancakes without having to trying to keep them all warm while the rest cook makes this a perfect recipe for a school day. Prepare the batter and bake for about 25 minutes, doesn't really get much easier than that! Plus pretty sure this would work fine with pancake mix with the fruit added, to really cut down on time needed!!
Banana Blueberry Pancake Squares
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 over-ripe banana
- about 1 cup milk, maybe a bit more
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup blueberries – frozen works great
- Butter and Syrup for serving
2. Mix dry ingredients together in mixing bowl.
3. Mash banana in bottom of large 4 cup measuring cup. Add enough milk to equal 1 2/3 cups. Stir to combine. add eggs, vanilla and oil. Stir to combine. Pour over dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Stir in blueberries.
4. Pour into prepared baking pan. Bake for 25 minutes. Test with toothpick to insure it has cooked in the middle. Serve with butter and syrup.